CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Close the Door Behind You!


ZAYLA is quickly becoming a little force to be reckoned with! I left her upstairs this morning to play with Daxon while I went to tackle a bit of my disgusting kitchen. Every so often I could hear their cute little voices jabbering to one another...but after a while I realized Daxon was jabbering to himself and Zayla was grunting (which makes up about 80% of her communications skills.) The grunt I was hearing was "stuck" grunt. So I went upstairs in search of her, and sure enough Daxon had no clue where she was. I found her in the bathroom. Now, a few weeks ago, I realized she can climb onto the toilet, and from there up on the bathroom sink. I often find her standing on top of the toilet in my bathroom with the tub of Vaseline in her hands and smearing it all over her face. Well, apparantly she just learned that she can turn on the water faucet from standing on the toilet (the hazards of having a TINY bathroom!) Today I found her standing on the toilet as if it were an island. She was soaked from the neck down. The counter was flooded, water running down the sides, flooding the cabinet underneath the sink, an entire roll of toilet paper was soggy, the floor was a huge puddle, with the bathmat serving as a sponge being the only reason it wasn't running in the hall. Zayla had her toothbrush in her mouth and couldn't get down because she would have drowned in all the water!
So I have decided to close the bathroom doors always!
Luckily she doesn't know yet, how to open them!
What a JOY!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love love love the pony tails and adventurous spirit! It makes me miss you! :)

Amy Hunter said...

Yikes! I've had so many of those moments. children. What were we thinking?!?!?! Good thing they're cute.