Ring in the New Year! I have finally taken down my Christmas decorations (with much pleading from the Hubband) and everything is back in storage...except a few things I found AFTER we took everything under the house in our crawl space of course!
I am glad to have The Season behind us. I need a fresh start and a new year. However, I will keep one thing from the Christmas Season with me. Its my "goal" for 2009, if you will.
I am keeping: JOY
I realized just recently that I have been too serious, too stoic, and I don't laugh as much as I once did. Its just me and my kids for the greater part of my days, and why would I want my kids to remember me as totally serious and unable to play? So this year I want to enJOY my kids more. I will be JOYous and laugh more (I would rather have "laugh lines" than "scowl lines" on my face!) I have often heard that if you are doing something that you don't really want to do, to fake it...Well, I am tired of being bitchy all the time, so even if I don't feel the JOY for the day, I am going to act like it until I am truly JOYful.
I have much to be thankful for. Nothing to complain about, as most of my needs are met (there are those occasional days when a massage or frosty beverage are just out of reach!), I have a dead-sexy hubband and the cutest kids ever! There is no reason for me not to find JOY out of each day.
Kat
Snips and snails and....crayfish
11 years ago

3 comments:
Well...I must say that all the time that I have seen you, talked to you, stayed the night at your house, etc. you have NEVER been bitchy! So you must be a great actress? J/K! I do know however, that you are a great mom to ALL of the kids, a great roll model for OUR daughter, and I know you do everything you can to keep your home and family together! So if that defines Bitchy, than Bitchy you are!
I love your goal for 2009, I will have to make one of my own. Unless of course it's too late!
Very good, I think I will follow your lead!
Dearest Kat,
(known to me as cucumber)
I've been on the joy wagon for years and this year I'm changing over to the bitchy team. Please join me when the new year stuff wears off. Eirther way you are in my top 5 people I would like to be stranded with on a desert island (or dessert island)Hands down you are the most cleaver, smart is over rated, John has nothing on you. (He is however smoken hot)Love Auntie Dogma
Post a Comment