CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Randomness I Thought You Should Know


Winter still boggles my mind. Each year I can't figure out why I am so cold, and then realize I need shoes...a coat...hat..gloves...scarf...socks.
So - this year, I realized that I am finally starting to catch on! (This is my 4th winter - except for the four years I lived in Cedar City going to college - oh, and the first 8 years of my life living in Alaska...)

3 WAYS I HAVE WINTERIZED MYSELF:

1 - Took off the toe rings and anklet and replaced with socks and closed toed shoes...

2 - Bought my first pair of snow boots since I lived in Alaska! (it was snowing really hard out and I was in Target with my little wispy shoes...) Now we can go snow shoeing Melly!

3 - Shoveled snow. I have never done that before this year. (Daxon and I do it during the day if Dad is gone.) Its quite a work out!

I think I will always prefer the Heat over the Cold (always a Desert Child!) but I can at least learn to live through this season. One year at a time...

6 comments:

bethi said...

Nice work!! Im impressed! Im the same way though...when we got our "big" snow down here...I was in my flip flops, short sleeves and capri's...although my children were dressed warm! I just dont get cold that easily...but i will admit...flip flops and snow do not go hand-in-hand! :) love ya!

KatieZ said...

Do you actually still have snow?! Last I saw (In Maob anyway,) there was none to even speak of. We still have about 3 feet in the yard and the snow packs are still about 8 feet high.

FYI....I gave your blog an award. Head to my blog to check it out!

Ginny Everett said...

I love these kids. Please visit my blog page, it's the one with nothing in it. Love ya, Momnipotent

Carpools and Casseroles... said...

It's hard getting used to snow and coldness! Everytime we head up North I forget that we need warmer gear. We are for sure spoiled here in St. George where it's flip flop weather practically all year long!

nataliejustin said...

I recently got snow boots, snow pants and actual snow gloves which is so necessary and I really dont know why I never had them before. I have always lived here but I am not to fond of the cold I guess I have always tried to avoid it. My motto is "If you cant do it in flip flops its not worth doing" to bad it does not work that way. Congratulations on the warm toes!

Rondi said...

You are wearing shoes and socks? I can't believe it. I must see it to believe it. Lets do a dinner or something again when I am not spazing out. I hope all is well! xoxo