CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...for the Love!!

I have tried everything! I have picked her up, I have put her down, I have given her Tylenol (she is teething her top front teeth), I have played with her, changed her, fed her, given her water, milk, rocked her, Daxon has danced for her, sung to her, I have let her cry it out, read her books, put her in front of her favorite toys. Nothing I have done has stopped Zayla from crying!



Until I sat her on top of the counter and fed her some goldfish. She was happy as could be up there! I tried to do a few things near the counter, but basically I just stood there enjoying the not-crying. Unfortunately, a baby can only sit on the counter for so long and then it starts to become a hazard. Had to take her off, and the crying continues...What am I doing wrong?! She has been like this for days. Any other suggestions out there?!

Trying to find the joy....
Kat

4 comments:

Stacey W said...

Do you have a mesh feeder? Ellie loved that when she was teething. I would cut up any kind of soft fruit and freeze it and then put it in the mesh feeder for her to suck on. You can use bananas, canteloupe, blueberries, grapes, etc. Oh, she even loved icecubes in it! http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=37 They sell them at Target. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Good luck, love!!! xoxo

about us said...

My kids also loved the mesh feeder....definately try that....good luck!

nataliejustin said...

I have a mesh feeder that we've grown out of, I'm going to the big city so I can bring it to you tomorrow. My favorite thing to do was cut grapes in half then freeze them. That way they're cold and while shes chewing and defrosting she tastes the yummy inside and continues to chew on it.

jomama said...

We too love the mesh feeder. Zach's faves were frozen peaches and frozen bananas. But with all the crying could it possibly be an ear infection? That's what the verdict usually seems to be when my kids turn into crazy, crying creatures. Good luck!