CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Liesel!!!

Happy Birthday my Friend!!




I have been friends with Liesel for over 21 years! Liesel has always been such a constant source of sunshine, and happiness! I have so many fun, dorky, and happy memories on growing up with Lyz as my friend. From the days of 4-H, to being "Sunkissed" to getting her nickname "LYZ" in 9th grade. From Volleyball tryouts (she made it, I did not!) and all things High School, from trips to Lagoon, to San Fran, and even a trip to Vegas to shop for Prom Dresses, to living together our first year of college (Go Thunderbirds!) and staying connected with "The 10". There was a time when we didn't go a day without talking, and now I am lucky to look at her blog every week or so...but Lyz has and always will be a part of my life and I am so thankful to have her as a friend. So Lyz, I just want you to know that I still write your name every year on my Calendar on Nov 5th, and every year I know its your birthday and I think of you. I am sorry for not calling you and keeping in better touch over the years as life has gotten in the way, but I hope you have a great day and perhaps we will even get to see each other soon!





This is me and Liesel in 1992. Nothing says "Best Buds" like a Photo-Booth-Strip-of-Pictures from the St. George Mall!



This is me and Liesel at SUU...in April 1997!!

4 comments:

about us said...

I second this awesome post by Katie! Liesel...you are awesome and I'm glad you are my friend! Hope you have a great birthday! Mel

P.S. Any plans for a holiday get together? I'd be happy to host at my house or my dad's in SG.

Amy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! What great pictures and happy memories. I hope Liesel has a fabulous day. And I am up for a holiday get together although true to form we have no idea what our plans are. Maybe there could be a SG party before christmas...I could have it here or bring food or something..

Carpools and Casseroles... said...

Hilarious! Love ya Katie! I haven't seen some of those pictures for a while - probably for good reason!! Thanks for the birthday wishes and the nice compliments. You're the BEST!!!
Love, Liesel

P.S. I'm all about a holiday get together. I'll host at my home - just come up with the date!

Robyn said...

Cute pictures of Liesel, miss those times. How are you?