CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

RE-OBSESSED!!!


Damn you Stephanie Meyer for writing such a fabulous book and for that fantasy to be made into a great movie!!! One year ago when I first read the "Twilight" saga, I got totally obsessed...possessed! It was all I could think about, talk about, DREAM about! I ignored things at home, my kid, my hubband, my work (luckily the girls I worked with were reading along with me, so we just sat around all day talking about Edward!) It was a hard time of life for me, because though I tried, I couldn't focus on ANYTHING else! Slowly I came out of my "Edward Fog" and resumed normal life. Even when "Breaking Dawn" came out earlier this summer I didn't get consumed. (I was proud of myself). Read it. Loved it. Moved on.
So I told myself (after I finally decided that indeed, I would see the movie) that I wouldn't let myself get totally consumed again. Little did I know that seeing those characters from inside my mind come to life on the big screen affected me more than I wanted! Just over this last weekend I saw the movie twice and thought "what the Hell" might as well dive all the way in and re-read the book too! I am totally obsessed...AGAIN! After I finished the book this morning I lifted my head and remembered that I had kids...a hubband...and a messy house...and sighed. Thats it! I am over it! I LOVE IT AND I HATE IT!!!

5 comments:

about us said...

This is exactly why I'm a little scared to see the movie. I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving when I will (hopefully) have all my shopping done and then I can be CONSUMED! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

nataliejustin said...

I just reread Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. After seeing the movie I had to compare (something I always do) but after reading the first I could not stop. Luckily I was sick so sitting around reading for two days was ok because I wouldnt be doing anything anyways. Now I just have Breaking Dawn, I'm feeling better and my house is a mess, hmmm what should I do?

Amy said...

Been doing the same thing...got my head on enough to vacuum ten minutes ago since the thanksgiving company is showing up in an hour...I still need to pay our bills for the week and cook SOMETHING for dinner (for the first time this week). oh well...all for a good cause!

Tavis Johnson said...

i think that i'll wait for the dollar theater... most likely on fifty-cent night.

Matt and Anna Hone said...

Katie,

I know this is going to shock you, but I read all of them! You know me I am not much of a reader...lol Anyway I loved them!!! I can't wait to see the movie!!! Love ya Anna